Chapel Lane, Hoghton. 9am start.
Please park close to the waste bin which is 50m beyond the last property before reaching the railway bridge. Most cars park with wheels partially on the pavement. The postcode is: PR5 0RY.
There is a good possibility we will see:
If we are in luck we may well see:
- Dogs on leads please due to sheep.
- Wellies are strongly recommended.
- There are no toilets on route. The nearest are at the Boars Head (top of Chapel Lane) and The Royal Oak (Riley Green) where if you enter via the side entrance you do not have to go via the bar area and therefore feel obliged to buy a drink.
- The walk is approximately 2.5 hours.
- there are 5 stiles, one of which (the first one) is somewhat wobbly.
- 3 wooden bridges of which one has a step over at either end.
- uneven ground in parts.
- 1 railway crossing STOP, LOOK, LISTEN !!
Call or text Mike Graham who has organised this walk on 07464 953203