White Coppice (8.30-10) and Healey Nab

Moderator: Neil Southworth

ianball
Peregrine

White Coppice (8.30-10) and Healey Nab

Post by ianball »

Arrived this morning to what felt like a migration fall in Autumn. Birds everywhere. The ferns around Black Brook were teeming with Willow Warblers and Meadow Pipits, with Stonechat, Whitethroat, Blackcap, Robin, Wren, Redpoll and a Wheatear thrown in for good measure. Green Woodpecker serenaded through all of this with good views of it (into the sun though). Little Owl in flight several times near its favourite perching area and a Redstart here as well. A large female Sparrowhawk flew through.

Healey Nab pools had male and female Black Darter freshly emerged, as well as Common and Brown Hawker, an Emperor trying to keep them off the top pool. A few Emerald Damselflies in amongst the Azure and Common Blue.

Great morning's stroll.
peter rowlands
Peregrine

Re: White Coppice (8.30-10) and Healey Nab

Post by peter rowlands »

Nice to meet you this morning Ian. I did get some very good views of the Green Woodpecker, it was on the ground for most of the time which made the sun less of a problem. It eventually flow onto an old tree stump in front of a big boulder were a Little Owl was sat, it then flow off towards the cricket field. A Common Lizard ran across the path nearby.
peter rowlands
ianball
Peregrine

Post by ianball »

Nice to put a name to a face, good to meet you to. Certainly a show off that woodpecker.
Neil Southworth
Avocet

Post by Neil Southworth »

Do you want to update your score, Ian?
ianball
Peregrine

Post by ianball »

It's been a while since I've checked. I'm on 113 now.

Return to “2014 Recent Sightings Submissions”