Heskin hall area.

Moderator: Neil Southworth

gary lilley
Avocet

Heskin hall area.

Post by gary lilley »

Just nipped out for some fresh air before the onslaught of food and drinks begins and what a stunning day with plenty of wildlife around , first decent birds i spotted were a pair of bullfinch feeding on a bramble patch then checked out a small wooded area were there was another bullfinch , blue , great , and coal tit feeding on beech mast with nuthatch and chaffinch nearby had a look for woodcock but no luck but the presence of 2 foxes may have been the reason just got a brief view has they moved through there red coats looking well in the sun , a little further on a buzzard landed in a dead tree again the sun shining on the bird showing its pale plumage off well , near to heskin hall a large field was covered with winter thrushes feeding not easy to count but well over 100 birds ,the end of my walk a flock of around 40 goldfinch flew over .
gary lilley
Avocet

Re: Heskin hall area.

Post by gary lilley »

Just checked out some info on foxes ( breeding season) , their breeding season lasts from dec to feb which probably explains why the 2 i spotted before were following each other very closely .

Return to “2014 Recent Sightings Submissions”