Year list, Chorley area.

gary lilley
Avocet

Year list, Chorley area.

Post by gary lilley »

121 species with one day to go , anybody else kept a list?
Joyce Riley
Goldeneye

My year list

Post by Joyce Riley »

I know it is usually competitive males who keep lists but I have been making lists for many years! Unfortunately, as I can't walk far these days, my totals have gone down considerably in the past few years and for 2011 my local total was only 68. So well done Gary!
duxbury rambler
Raven

Post by duxbury rambler »

Yes I am a list keeper only Flowers and I have to have photographed them. 332 this year that's average and there are always a few new to me every year plus lots in my need ID folder that I ponder over during the winter :)
Leonard Poxon
Little Egret

Post by Leonard Poxon »

Gary, my UK list of birds is 131, but only 102 in the local area (I only count birds seen, not heard only), the difference being mainly made up of waders and wildfowl from the Lancashire coast.
Neil Southworth
Avocet

Post by Neil Southworth »

My list is 121 as well, Gary. Are you counting that dodgy Dotterel?

Looks like I might have to go for the Snow Bunting on Winter Hill for the decider! :lol:
gary lilley
Avocet

Year list, Chorley area.

Post by gary lilley »

The dodgy dotterel is not in the 121 Neil , i also need the snow bunting but tomorrows another bad forcast , regards gary.
andy leach
Golden Eagle

YEAR LIST

Post by andy leach »

just had a count up 925 for the year one of my best years for a good few years and a day still to go weather not good for tom though 925 THATS BIRDS RINGED THIS YEAR
Paul Whittaker
Golden Eagle

Year list, Chorley area

Post by Paul Whittaker »

I didn't keep a list this year but I would be interested in seeing the differences between Gary and Neil's lists. How many species have been recorded this year in total?

Good finish to the year in my garden today with a couple of Willow Tits this morning.

Happy New Year to all forum members, my resolution this year is to get out and about more and to post my sightings on this forum.. Cheers!

Return to “2011 Recent Sightings Submissions”