RSPB Willow Tit Survey

Moderator: Neil Southworth

Neil Southworth
Avocet

RSPB Willow Tit Survey

Post by Neil Southworth »

The RSPB and other conservation organisations are carrying out a nationwide survey of Willow Tit, which is a Red-listed species, with the second largest decline of any bird species in the UK.

CDNHS has been invited by the RSPB via Steve White, the county bird recorder, to survey several tetrads within the Chorley recording area for Willow Tits. The tetrads concerned are all in areas which have historical records of Willow Tit. The survey is structured with full instructions, recording form and map of the tetrad. We also have call playback speakers to assist with the survey.

We are, therefore, looking for volunteers to assist with the survey. You will need to be able to identify Willow Tits both visually and by call or song. It is also desirable, but not essential, that each tetrad is surveyed by a team of two, since handling a clip board, speaker and binoculars at the same time restrict the ability of one person to be on the lookout for approaching Willow Tits!

If you feel you would be able to assist with this survey, please reply on this Forum or send me a private message. As well as east Chorley, there are tetrads available at Bretherton, Croston and Mawdesley.
Jed Kirkham
Golden Eagle

Re: RSPB Willow Tit Survey

Post by Jed Kirkham »

Yes I would really enjoy to take part in this
nora west
Little Egret

Re: RSPB Willow Tit Survey

Post by nora west »

Hi neil.when does w.tit survey start .i can probably do mon.mornings.

Return to “Willow Tit Survey 2019/20”