Pinkfeet & Curlew.

Moderator: Neil Southworth

John Edwards
Peregrine

Pinkfeet & Curlew.

Post by John Edwards »

At least a 1000 Pinkfeet on Croston Moss again this morning, a single Curlew was on a field near Syd Brook Lane. Plenty of Blackbirds on Tincklers fields and a Mistle and 2 Song Thrush but I havn't seen any Redwings yet.
John Edwards
John Edwards
Peregrine

Re: Pinkfeet & Curlew.

Post by John Edwards »

Curlew again on a field near Folly Cottage, Goldeneye still on R.Yarrow. 60+ Pinkfeet and 14 Canada Geese over (not at the same time) 20+ Meadow Pipits, 1 Heron, 1 Buzzard and 60+ Mallard at the weir. A small light coloured warbler sized bird was seen to fly into a tree and then flew across the river into another tree where it disappeared, I thought it was a Goldcrest at first but it didn't fly like one and I think was slightly larger. Another one that got away!
John Edwards
John Edwards
Peregrine

Re: Pinkfeet & Curlew.

Post by John Edwards »

At least 250 Redwing over this morning, 1000+ pinkfeet on Croston Moss though distant and over towards Rufford. Single Curlew still near Folly Cottage and Goldeneye on the River yesterday. There seemed to be a movement of Herring Gulls with 40+ heading in a Southerly direction, 54 Black Headed Gulls and 6 Lesser Black Backed Gulls on the cricket pitch.
John Edwards

Return to “2014 Recent Sightings Submissions”