Photo Gallery

Moderator: Neil Southworth

phil kirk
Site Admin

Photo Gallery

Post by phil kirk »

The Gallery has been having major problems, but is now pretty much ready for use again.

Please try to keep the size of uploaded images to 1024x768 at the very most. Preferably 800x600. This will help ensure that similar problems do not arise again soon.

There is absolutely no point in posting very large images, as they do not display properly on screen. If you have trouble re-sizing images, then contact me for advice. It is not difficult.

I'm sorry that a lot of the large images had to be deleted. I rescued those I could. Please use this as an excuse to start alll over with fresh images.
Dave
Raven

Post by Dave »

Well Done Phil
Visit Our Website [url=http://"http://www.holidays-revealed.com/"]Clicky Linky[/url] Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk
Chris Rae
Peregrine

Post by Chris Rae »

Phil and Neil,

Please feel free to delete my images in the postings after a few days if they are too big.

Also, Phil, I have now been able to add items to the Gallery provided that they are not too large.

Chris
phil kirk
Site Admin

Images on forum

Post by phil kirk »

I was concerned at first about images being displayed on the forum, thinking they would take up too much space. However the photos are created by a link to another server, so are not actually on our server at all.

However, Neil does print out forum reports for his records. These images may make that difficult for him.
Chris Rae
Peregrine

Post by Chris Rae »

Phil,

My images are not loading with my postings. Do you know what I am doing wrong ?

Chris.
phil kirk
Site Admin

Images on postings

Post by phil kirk »

Sorry Chris. No ideas. Maybe file sizes are too large, but I really don't know how it works as the images are not in fact ever loaded onto our server. They are accessed by the link you enter.

Perhaps Dave could help as he seems to have the hang of it.

Return to “2013 Recent Sightings Submissions”