Possible to set up a Facebook group?

Updates about the running of the website. Feel free to post comments here if you feel something needs to be added or improved.

Moderators: phil kirk, richardwkirk

mikehilton
Woodpecker

Possible to set up a Facebook group?

Post by mikehilton »

Hi, I'm a long-time lingerer on this forum without actually posting - keen amateur bird/wildlife photographer based in Eccleston, and love keeping up to date on the recent sightings reports and news on this forum.
However, I'm currently (despite a full-time job) trying desperately to see Waxwings for the first time, and as you know, they're often there one minute and gone the next.
What would be fantastic is if there could be a group for us to post on Facebook, as members would get notifications of new posts/replies, and I'd immediately know when and where a sighting had been spotted.
I'm aware in many ways it would be awkward for this to happen as information would be likely to get duplicated, but if the Facebook group could be used only when useful/helpful...?

Alternatively if it were possible to "subscribe" to a particular message board of this forum, and get email notifications when new posts are made, that would be great too!

Return to “Website News”