Year list challenge .

Data from previous years.

Moderator: Neil Southworth

gary lilley
Avocet

Year list challenge .

Post by gary lilley »

Well Len it looks like youve won (unless neils had a late rally) i ended up with 132 species and probably put more time in this year but got less species ( 135 last year ) sometimes its luck with sightings but most of the time its all about being in the right places at the right times and you have certainly put plenty of time in this year so well done Len and i hope to push you all the way next year cheers Gary .
Leonard Poxon
Little Egret

Re: Year list challenge .

Post by Leonard Poxon »

Thanks Gary & Chris it was very enjoyable, certainly the challenge made me go to places (and more frequently) than I have done before. But really thanks should go to everybody on the challenge and on the forum for that matter for posting sightings that the rest of could go to view. Notwithstanding that, luck does play a significant part.

For information the 18 species I did not get were:

Black Stork, Great White Egret, Brent Goose, Pintail, Osprey, Red Kite, Marsh Harrier, Hen Harrier, Quail, Grey Plover, Ringed Plover, Black Tailed Godwit, Dunlin, Ring Necked Parakeet, Short Eared Owl, Tree Pipit, Brambling, and Common Crossbill.

Of the ones I did get, the following were heard only:

Water Rail, Lesser Spotted Woodpecker and Golden Plover.

Best wishes to everyone on the forum for the New Year and good luck on the 2015 challenge.
Ivan Lynas
Goldeneye

Re: Year list challenge .

Post by Ivan Lynas »

Very well done Len and good luck for this year too.

Return to “Archive”