Roe Deer Foreleg & Peregrine sighting.

John Edwards
Peregrine

Roe Deer Foreleg & Peregrine sighting.

Post by John Edwards »

Eccleston, Tinklers lane fields.
While out walking my dogs early this morning one of them picked up what looked like a stick, after about 10 minutes he was still chewing on it so I took a closer look and discovered it was a foreleg of a roe deer! As by this time it was fairly well chewed up I couldn't tell if it had been cut off or ripped off but it was pretty fresh, maybe it was the work of poachers? On my return journey I had a good look around the field where he had picked it up but didn't see any more remains.
a large female Peregrine was seen on the ground in the middle of a field eating its prey, I couldn't tell what its prey was though there were a few white feathers near it. When I later walked through the field a Buzzard was seen flying over a hedge with the prey item.
A large flock of Rewings 60+ were on the field opposite the cricket pitch with a few Fieldfares amongst them, also seen 7 Siskins, 1 Mistle Thrush, 1 Kestrel, 3 Cormorant, 12 Mallard, several Blackbirds, 50+ Black Headed Gulls and about 20 Herring gull, 1,000+ wood Pigeon over Croston Moss, 60+ Jackdaw Rooks and Carrion Crows.
John Edwards

Return to “2012 Recent Sightings Submissions”