Leonard Poxon
Little Egret

Fieldfare - Great Knowley

Post by Leonard Poxon »

A flock of about 12 over this morning.
Leonard Poxon
Little Egret

Post by Leonard Poxon »

A flock of 30 Fieldfare just flown over heading south.
Dave
Raven

Post by Dave »

I like your website Len, only just noticed you had one
Visit Our Website [url=http://"http://www.holidays-revealed.com/"]Clicky Linky[/url] Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk
Leonard Poxon
Little Egret

Post by Leonard Poxon »

Thanks Dave, I have not had time to update my google site, but the Picasa site is up to date and includes photos from my recent holiday in Australia.
Chris Rae
Peregrine

Post by Chris Rae »

Len,

Plenty of great wildlife Down Under then.

Chris.
PETER
Little Egret

Post by PETER »

Leonard Poxon
Little Egret

Post by Leonard Poxon »

Its an amazing country, the sheer vastness of it is difficult to come to terms with. There is plenty of bird life about, but the mammals for the most part only come out when the heat of the day is past. Sadly we saw more kangaroos dead as roadkill than alive. The living ones we saw in late evening, overnight or early morning by the side of the road (apart from one group near Sydney) as we drove the 1600kms from Adelaide to Ayres Rock and on the return journey via Kings Canyon. We also saw two smaller mammals that ran across the road in front of us (species that we could not identify). We saw a single Koala Bear asleep in a tree by the side of the road in the Adelaide Hills, a Dingo and a herd of wild Camel near Kings Canyon. We also saw humpback Whales off the coast near Victor Harbour (SA) and Turtles in the sea near Green Island near Cairns.

In all including landscape and architecture I took over 3,500 photos in 3 weeks. All my wildlife ones are now on my picasa site, but I have yet to process the landscape photos etc.

Return to “2012 Recent Sightings Submissions”