Croston Moss / Finney 23.10.12

Neil Southworth
Avocet

Croston Moss / Finney 23.10.12

Post by Neil Southworth »

Croston Finney was largely devoid of birds except for a Peregrine on top of one of the pylons - possibly cause and effect?
All the activity was across the railway on Croston Moss. Still no Fieldfare though. When are they going to arrive? Full sightings:-
Pink-footed Geese (skeins of 135 and 30 circling around), Canada Geese 15, Mallard 2, RL Partridge, Grey Partridge 3, Pheasant 20+, Peregrine, Kestrel, Sparrowhawk, Buzzard, BH Gull 15, Woodpigeon, Collared Dove, GS Pecker, Skylark (still lots flitting around), Meadow Pipit, Pied Wagtail, Grey Wagtail, Redwing 30, Blackbird, Robin, Wren, Dunnock, Blue Tit, Great Tit, flock LT Tit, Goldcrest 2 (I keep looking for that Yellow-browed Warbler but they're always Goldcrests!), Jay 6 sightings, Magpie, Jackdaw, Crow, Starling, House Sparrow, Tree Sparrow 30, Chaffinch, Goldfinch 30, Greenfinch, Linnet, Yellowhammer, Reed Bunting, Corn Bunting 4
grey squirrel 2
Leonard Poxon
Little Egret

Post by Leonard Poxon »

Redwing & Fieldfare reported last Thursday & Friday on the trees in Crosse Hall Lane to the east of the M61.

However I did not see any in the Heapey/Lower Healey area last Sunday. The only thing of note then was approximately 70 Mallard on Heapey No. 3 lodge.

A single Small Tortoiseshell butterfly was in my garden at Great Knowley.

A 2/3 grown hedgehog was in my daughter's garden in Meadow Way Coppull on the 10th & 11th October.

Return to “2012 Recent Sightings Submissions”