Jackdaws galore

Joan Waidson
Buzzard

Jackdaws galore

Post by Joan Waidson »

A loose flock of about 50 Jackdaws have just flown over my house making their 'squeaky dog toy' noises as they went, heading towards Moss Side/Leyland, presumably to roost. Does anyone know of a good corvid roosts to visit, the noisier the better, bearing in mind I have some mobility problems?? Thanks all
gary lilley
Avocet

corvids.

Post by gary lilley »

There is always plenty of jackdaws and rooks at first light next to the highfield /the mill on moor road at croston , there are normally hundreds of birds in the trees right next to the main road .
regards gary.
Joan Waidson
Buzzard

Post by Joan Waidson »

Thanks Gary, I'll go and see
Neil Southworth
Avocet

Post by Neil Southworth »

There's a large Jackdaw roost at Cuerden Valley Park, which is where I suppose your birds were going, Joan. There's also a large corvid roost at Upper Rivington Reservoir.
Joan Waidson
Buzzard

Post by Joan Waidson »

Thanks Neil, so many places to visit. I love the racket they all make at bedtime don't you?
Chris Rae
Peregrine

Post by Chris Rae »

Joan,

Easily over 1000 corvids passing over Town Lane between 5 & 6 pm enjoying the breezy weather circling round in the wind disturbing a buzzard and raven.

Chris
Joan Waidson
Buzzard

Post by Joan Waidson »

Thanks to you all for the info. When I was coming out of work tonight, near Buckshaw retirement Village there were flocks and flocks of rooks and jackdaws heading towards some of the few remaining trees in that area.

Return to “2012 Recent Sightings Submissions”