Chorley Peregrines

Ivan Lynas
Goldeneye

Chorley Peregrines

Post by Ivan Lynas »

I bobbed round to St. Georges Church at 4:30pm yesterday. I had a gut feeling that atleast one of the birds would be on the tower and I wasn't disappointed. It's great to have both birds back in town after a short abscence. I was informed a couple of months ago that a second breeding attempt was successful in the east of our district but I personally haven't got concrete proof of this. I bumped into Neil Southworth on Astley Park last Thursday and he informed me that wheels where in motion to have a tray erected on the Church tower before the breeding season next year. It's early days yet and it's far from straight forward but Neil and friends are going to try their best to make this happen. The image below shows the female falcon on the east side upper-ledge of the tower at 4:45pm yesterday.

Richard P Todd
Buzzard

Post by Richard P Todd »

Ivan

Is this the original female?? or not.

:roll:

Rich
Ivan Lynas
Goldeneye

Post by Ivan Lynas »

Rich, I'm very confident its the same female, however soon as I clock her ring number I'll inform you.

Regards Ivan.
David Beattie
Peregrine

falcon

Post by David Beattie »

There was a single bird on the ledge this morning at 11.20. Easily seen without either a scope or bins :D

Return to “2012 Recent Sightings Submissions”