YVP 25/12/11 - Merry Christmas

Chris
Buzzard

YVP 25/12/11 - Merry Christmas

Post by Chris »

Feeders - Coal tit, great tit, blue tit, robin, song thrush, nuthatch.
Neil Southworth
Avocet

Post by Neil Southworth »

The Cormorant was again on Big Lodge, and I actually saw it catch and consume a fish, after which it returned to its perch on the tern raft. A Buzzard soaring overhead was mobbed by a dozen or so Jackdaws. A Sparrowhawk passing through low provoked several high pitched squeals of panic amongst the small bird population.
I hope everyone's had a good day. :)
duxbury rambler
Raven

Post by duxbury rambler »

Cormorant still on tern raft this morning.
Found dandelion, buttercup, herb robert, red campion, groundsel, hedge mustard & hogweed still in flower.
Rhododendron also in bud.
Lots of leaf pushing through, not seen any snowdrops in flower round here but have heard they are out not far away. :D
Neil Southworth
Avocet

Post by Neil Southworth »

Snowdrops are virtually in flower in my garden, which is pretty well back to normal after last year.
Bryan Thomas
Goldeneye

Post by Bryan Thomas »

I saw the hogweed at the end of the big lodge where the cottages used to be, could that be where you saw it?
duxbury rambler
Raven

We saw the bedraggled campion there, along with herb robert - the hogweed was behind the the top lodge, up past the Christmas Tree.

Bryan Thomas
Goldeneye

Post by Bryan Thomas »

That tree is getting more fancy year by year.
duxbury rambler
Raven

Safety

On a less pleasant note - please be care full around Spring Wood as I got a reliable report that 4 people were shooting on Tuesday - must have had permission as the land rover was there, they were later seen looking among the brambles and shrub possibly for injured or dead animals/birds. So if your on Burgh Lane South or top of Primrose Hill or near Christmas Tree take care.

Yes Bryan the tree is great, all the baubles appear and after Christmas disappear, it is good to see.

Return to “2011 Recent Sightings Submissions”