Y.V.Park 1.11.11

Neil Southworth
Avocet

Y.V.Park 1.11.11

Post by Neil Southworth »

Cormorant on Big Lodge. Apparently there was also one on last Thursday. Single Snipe on Top Lodge, and Grey Heron plus kingfisher calling from the channel.
Large fish attempting to jump the weir. I should imagine it finished up back at Common Bank, judging by the force of the water coming over the weir. :D
tony
Raven

Post by tony »

forgot to say there was a young cormorant (very pale front) on the tern raft on Sunday morning.
Richard P Todd
Buzzard

Post by Richard P Todd »

Neil,

Do you think the fish could of been a Salmon,

UU are dropping levels on all reservoirs up Rivington, to do some work on Upper Rivington.

Rich.
Joyce Riley
Goldeneye

Post by Joyce Riley »

Thanks to Neil who pointed it out to me, I too saw the Snipe and a Heron was on top lodge again at noon. No fish seen at the weir but Grey Wagtail was at the edge of the water below the waterfall. Rangers had just finished the viewing screen for the feeding station at lunchtime. Maybe more birds will now use it if the people are screened. Fungi on stumps included Smoky Bracket, Stump Puffballs and Candlesnuff.
Neil Southworth
Avocet

Post by Neil Southworth »

Rich,

I've no idea what the fish was except that it was dark and fairly large. I only got a fleeting glimpse.

Return to “2011 Recent Sightings Submissions”