Eccleston Waxwings 18/12/10

David Banks
Barn Owl

Eccleston Waxwings 18/12/10

Post by David Banks »

2 Buzzard and a Kestrel Tinklers Lane fields. 20+ Curlew on north side of Yarrow and a few groups of Redwing. The highlight for me today was 8 Waxwing, as I have never seen one before. They were in a neighbours garden just as I set off walking. When I returned an hour and a half later there were still 5 in the same tree.
gary lilley
Avocet

waxwings

Post by gary lilley »

Are there plenty of berries left on the tree dave ?
John Edwards
Peregrine

Post by John Edwards »

Dave, I had a walk around the Hawthorns but didn't see anything where they feeding in one of the back gardens?
John Edwards
David Banks
Barn Owl

Waxwings

Post by David Banks »

There are berries left on the tree. I am sorry but I don't know what sort of tree it is. They were inbetween 99 and 103 The Hawthorns, front garden. I have a photo but don't know how to post it. Not the best camera and not the best photographer but the Waxwing is clear.
gary lilley
Avocet

waxwings

Post by gary lilley »

Just had a walk to see if the waxwings were back , but had no luck , there was a couple of blackbirds hanging around and that was about it .
John Edwards
Peregrine

Post by John Edwards »

Thanks Dave, I had a quick look before walking the dogs but no luck. I've no idea how to post a pic on this site there are some instructions somewhere but they're a bit too overcomplicated for me.
John Edwards

Return to “2010 Recent Sightings Submissions”