Watermans Cottage

Richard P Todd
Buzzard

Watermans Cottage

Post by Richard P Todd »

Hi all been fishing after the pike, done three days this week blanked every day the fishing seems to be getting a lot harder at the moment.Birds seen whilst fishing lesser spotted woodpecker is always present the treecreepers are there most days as is the ever growing flock of tits also nuthatch several seen they have become used to me fishing ,normally the same big fish holding areas so thats good also the female sparrowhawk has taken a liking to flying as close to my right hand shoulder as poss unless im just in her flight path( she did this last year in a different swim too i found her nearly flying into my landing net once)not back up there until next tues had enough if any of the chorley nats crew are there in the week i always have tea bags or coffee with me so if you fancy a brew come find me.
tony
Raven

Post by tony »

Hi Richard.
Exactly where do you keep seeing the lesser spotted woody, i've never seen one in the Chorley area.
Cheers
Tony
Dave Harrison
Sparrowhawk

Lesser Peckers

Post by Dave Harrison »

Hi Richard,

like Tony i would love to know the where abouts of the lesser pecker ther so scarce round here nowadays. if you don't wanna post it on the boards send us a PM, mums the word.

Thanks

Dave H :wink:
Richard P Todd
Buzzard

Post by Richard P Todd »

Sorry guys for the delay been away from computer all weekend the pecker was high up in the trees opposite where i was fishing i normally fish on cottage side if you can get what i mean. It is only a small bird normally follows the mixed flock of birds that works through woods.
tony
Raven

Post by tony »

Thanks Richard.
Approx how far along from Watermans Cottage.
This is a good record for the area.
Cheers
Tony
Richard P Todd
Buzzard

Post by Richard P Todd »

Hi Tony west bank about 200yds best seen from east bank due to height of trees.I am normally quiet as a mouse as not to disturb the fish that patrol the bank.It is now frozen over and probably will be for the near future so i wont be up there until it thaws.

Return to “2010 Recent Sightings Submissions”