Anglezarke 4.10.09

Neil Southworth
Avocet

Anglezarke 4.10.09

Post by Neil Southworth »

Birds seen / heard on this morning's fungal foray included Buzzard, Nuthatch, Jay, Raven, Goldfinch, Bullfinch and Lesser Redpoll.
Butterfy:- Red Admiral
I'll leave the fungi to Joyce!
Joyce Riley
Goldeneye

fungi

Post by Joyce Riley »

I was concentrating on fungi so missed Raven, Bullfinch and Redpoll! We found most of the species of fungi that I entered from the 'reccy' on Thursday but unfortunately, none of the bright red Russula known as Beechwood Sickener were spotted. To compensate, there was a large Scarletina Bolete (Boletus luridiformis) and nearby a group of 4 young ones. We also found 2 Brown Birch Boletes and a few small/eaten Ceps, not fit for the pot! Webcaps were still in good numbers (it is a good year for Cortinarius species) inc. C. trivialis, C. pseudosalor and C. hemitrichus (Frosty Webcap). Newly appeared were groups of small Sulphur Tufts. Thanks to everyone who supported the event, especially Tony and friend Dave who helped me with ID and also showed us a lovely Chanterelle, collected on the way and being taken home to eat! I will produce a list of species recorded and printed copies should be available at the society's meeting on 15th October.
tony
Raven

Post by tony »

Thanks Joyce for a very interesting few hours foraying.
For someone like me who is still learning I.D. features on the trickier families it was good, and l particularly liked the Santa story, (must remember that one).
Species found on the way back to watermans cottage were:
lactarius rufus (rufous milkcap), lactarius turpis (ugly milkcap), pseudoboletus parasiticus (parasitic bolete), amanita citrina (false deathcap), amanita fulva (tawny grisette), hygrocybe virginea (snowy waxcap), hygrocybe pratensis (meadow waxcap), collybia butyracea (buttercap), cortinarius sanguineus (blood red webcap), cortinarius hemitrichus (frosty webcap), psilocybe semilanceata (liberty cap), clavaria fragilis (white spindles), clavulina cinerea (grey coral), and a possible hapalopilus species (a lovely bright yellow bracket on a fallen oak), which Dave is I.Ding at home, hopefully hes not eaten it.
flyingfox
Goldeneye

hi joyce

Post by flyingfox »

FUNGAL FORAY,

Never been before and I really enjoyed myself.... thanks to the gang for making me feel welcome.

thanks joyce, i would go again..

dave

Return to “2009 Recent Sightings Submissions”