White Coppice to Heapy Lodge No 1

Bryan Thomas
Goldeneye

White Coppice to Heapy Lodge No 1

Post by Bryan Thomas »

Bistort, Common Sorrel, Bluebell, Cuckoo flower, Common mouse-ear, Meadow Buttercup, Lesser trefoil, Hemlock water dropwort, Garlic mustard, Greater stitchwort, Tormentil, Cow parsley, Red clover, Yellow pimpernel, Brooklime

Pied wagtail, Grey wagtail, Greylag goose, Swallow, Swift, Chaffinch, Wren, Jay, Blue tit, Great tit, Blackbird, Carrion crow, Moorhen, Pheasant

Sma. White, Lge. White, Peacock, Orange-tip, Speckled wood

High point of the day: Male Banded Demoiselle

Low point of the day: No Bunnies
Neil Southworth
Avocet

Post by Neil Southworth »

Bryan,

Where was the Banded Demoiselle?

Neil
Bryan Thomas
Goldeneye

Banded Demoiselle

Post by Bryan Thomas »

Neil,

The Banded Demoiselle (male) was flying above grassland that borders Heapy Lodge #3 - I didn't know what the body of water was called so I asked a fisherman. This was at the White Coppice end of the Lodge.

Identification is 100% accurate - I've seen Banded Demoiselles in Cheshire, also at Cuerden Valley, and even one at Y.V.P. two years ago on vegetation bordering the Big Lodge.

Hope this is of some use.

Bryan.
Neil Southworth
Avocet

Post by Neil Southworth »

Thanks Bryan. I wasn't querying your ID. Just wanted a more specific location for our records. There has been a big expansion of the Banded Demoiselle in our area in the last two or three years, but yours is possibly the most easterly record we've had to date.

Regards,

Neil

Return to “2009 Recent Sightings Submissions”