buckshaw twite

richard hoult
Grey Wagtail

buckshaw twite

Post by richard hoult »

went to look for the snipe at buckshaw this morning but far too icy for them. instead, a nice bonus was a flock of around 40 twite moving around on the marshy fields off of the A6.
andy leach
Goldeneye

twite sightings

Post by andy leach »

hi richard with regards the twite flock seen did you by any chance notice if any of the birds were colour ringed. several sites in lancs are carrying out colour ringing on twite to determine winter dispursal sites the sites are the duddon estuary heysham n.r. and south west pennines if you go there again please check for colour rings and let me know cheers andy
richard hoult
Grey Wagtail

Post by richard hoult »

i didn't notice any colour rings. it was a bit cold for the birds or me to stand still for too long. will keep my eyes open in future though.
Dave Eyes
Sparrowhawk

Post by Dave Eyes »

Sorry for the delay with this posting, busy few days. Went to look for the twite on Friday 13/2 but had no joy. Several groups of very flighty linnets but I couldn't get close enough to seach fo twite amongst them. Flushed 5 snipe but no jack snipe. Quite a few pipits and 1 skylark. 9 redwings (3 on the ground and 6 flying over).
18 fieldfares at Mossfield in the evening, 11 in the trees at the Buckshaw end with the roosting corvids.
David Beattie
Peregrine

Mossfield

Post by David Beattie »

Does anyone know who owns Mossfield, or who is responsible for any management plans etc?

Return to “2009 Recent Sightings Submissions”