West Lancs development plan at Sollom possible impact on Eyes Lane

This board is for postings of a general nature, which don't fit into other categories. The postings must however relate to Natural History / Landscape
Paul Davenport
Woodpecker

West Lancs development plan at Sollom possible impact on Eyes Lane

Post by Paul Davenport »

Dear All, there is a proposal outlined in the Tarleton Masterplan to develop land close to the Leeds Liverpool in between Sollom and Tarelton. The proposed commercial development can be seen in Plan 5 enclosed. The Greenbelt development would impact directly on the fields sloping down to the canal. In particular it would abut an old bridleway called Back Lane which functions as a wildlife superhighway, the adjoining pasture forms a buffer zone between the Liverpool Rd and the heart of this important site. The area in question is home to Roe Deer, hare,fox and recently otter have reappeared on the canal there are numerous other small mammals. I'm sure many of you will be aware of the birds that are native to this area and the importance it serves as a stopover and breeding site for migrants, some quite rare. I have been advised by WLBC to direct any comments to the proposers in the first instance, these are Acland and Bracewell land owners and agents for the Lilford estate. I am putting together a paper to oppose the development and would appreciate your thoughts. The Masterplan can be found at: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/cde48c_b ... bee359.pdf
paul b
Raven

Re: West Lancs development plan at Sollom possible impact on Eyes Lane

Post by paul b »

Personally I share your concerns especially where Green Belt land is being destroyed.

Has there ever been a detailed study of the ecology of the area? If not it might be useful to get one done-paid for if need be-so that any concerns are backed up with scientific evidence.
Crowdfunding might be a possibility.

Return to “General Topics”