Lancashire Bird Report 2015 Siberian Chiffchaff

This board is for postings of a general nature, which don't fit into other categories. The postings must however relate to Natural History / Landscape
ianball
Peregrine

Lancashire Bird Report 2015 Siberian Chiffchaff

Post by ianball »

Hi all
I've just received my copy of the 2015 Lancashire Bird report. I was interested to note that the Siberian Chiffchaff from Croston in Jan and Feb 2015 was not recorded. I did not submit a report as I was not the original finder, although I did see the bird several times and did hear it call. There are also some excellent photographs from several observers which show many of the key features. I am happy to send in a report when I send in my Richards Pipit report in the next few days as it would be a shame for this record to be absent from the Lancashire report.
Regards
Ian
Neil Southworth
Avocet

Re: Lancashire Bird Report 2015 Siberian Chiffchaff

Post by Neil Southworth »

Ian,
CDNHS sends a draft copy of its Annual Report to the Lancs Bird Recorder so that significant records can be included in the Lancs Bird Report. The Siberian race Chiffchaff was included in the Chorley Report but as it has not been supported by a description, it was not specifically published in the Lancs Report. As far as I can recall, you were the only observer to have noted the diagnostic call, which seems to be a requirement for acceptance. If you wish to submit a description, that would be great, especially if it can be backed up with photographs. That's also why it's important that you send in the record for Richard's Pipit, although as a single observer record it might not get past the rarities committee, but it does give me an excuse for putting it in the Chorley Report!

Members of Chorley & District Natural History Society receive a copy of the CDNHS Annual Report free of charge!

Return to “General Topics”