Anglezarke

This board is for postings of a general nature, which don't fit into other categories. The postings must however relate to Natural History / Landscape
MarkF
Raven

Anglezarke

Post by MarkF »

I've got a website http://www.anglezarke.net on the go dedicated to our moorland area. Presently I've got quite a bit of info up there on the moorland ruins, and am working on other articles in the background such as natural history (what to see, where and when). I hope it's of interest to people, and would be grateful of course for any further information that anyone may have that can help me. If anybody has photographs, tales or contacts to share, please let me know and it will be gladly received, along with any constructive criticism :)
Neil Southworth
Avocet

Re: Anglezarke

Post by Neil Southworth »

Nice work, Mark. Looking forward to seeing it evolve. We might have to recruit you to do some work on ours!
Chris Rae
Peregrine

Post by Chris Rae »

:)
Brian Derbyshire
Goldeneye

Post by Brian Derbyshire »

Hi Mark - sounds great - look forward to seeing it - have you had any contact with Eric Issacs the geologist from Heath Charnock - has spent a huge mount of time on the moor and has some super knowledge of the place- he did a lecture for Chorley Historical Society a few weeks ago - I'm sure they will have a contact detail, Regards Brian
Brian
MarkF
Raven

Post by MarkF »

Thank you Brian I will contact the society and try and make contact. I've had contact from three descendants of ruined farms which is exciting stuff too.
Brian Derbyshire
Goldeneye

Post by Brian Derbyshire »

:D Good stuff - My old next door neighbour lived on the eastern bank of Yarrow Reservoir in the late 19 Century (family name Sutton) she told some wonderful tales!
Brian

Return to “General Topics”