Lower Burgh Meadow Awareness Day Sunday 22nd June

This board is for postings of a general nature, which don't fit into other categories. The postings must however relate to Natural History / Landscape
Eddie Langrish
Goldeneye

Lower Burgh Meadow Awareness Day Sunday 22nd June

Post by Eddie Langrish »

Hi All,
LBMCG are holding an event at the Sou West Corner of the meadow ( at the new Bench area ) - 10am till 3 pm.
Moths on display ( pending weather night before ) Talk on moth, includes Trap opening from previous night.
History, plans and group info walk- Butterfly & moth walk - Bee friendly plants available, games for the children.
Mums, dads, Sons & Daughters all welcome, bring your Picnic Lunch and have a fun day with us.
See http://www.lowerburghmeadowconservation ... ogramme-2/ for further details.

Hope to see you there.

Thanks Eddie
Eddie Langrish
Goldeneye

Re: Lower Burgh Meadow Awareness Day Sunday 22nd June

Post by Eddie Langrish »

Hi All,
If I have done it right, there should be a picture of Bee Friendly plants, which wil;l be available at this Sunday's coming event.
See below for details.
Bee Friendly Plants for 22nd June.jpg
Bee Friendly Plants for 22nd June.jpg (90.02 KiB) Viewed 2482 times
Thomas Westhead
Sparrowhawk

Re: Lower Burgh Meadow Awareness Day Sunday 22nd June

Post by Thomas Westhead »

Hello Eddie,

I hope that Chorley council consult yourselves in the future regarding any grass cutting or other managment etc that they decide to carry out, I heard about the grass cutting early on in the year when nesting birds were present.

I visited the site this morning and it is such a nice site and deserves to be managed with up most care with the input of people that actually have some idea of what should be managed and when the best time of year to carry out such operations.

Regards,

Tom.

Return to “General Topics”