Yarrow Valley 30 Dec 07

duxbury rambler
Raven

Yarrow Valley 30 Dec 07

Post by duxbury rambler »

8am -10am Birkacre, Duxbury and Yarrow Park

Barn Owl was on the field we call the Barrow it is the one on the top end of Burgh Wood near the new building site, the owl was on the field and took off into Burgh Wood heading toward Lower Burgh Meadow.

No sign of the Kingfisher this morning but he was there yesterday 29th.

In flower today –
Gorse
Meadow Buttercup
Dandelion
Red Campion
Smooth Sow Thistle
tony
Raven

Post by tony »

hi, approx what time did you see the barn owl, i had a look this morn about 9.30ish was i too late?
thanks
Tony
duxbury rambler
Raven

Barn Owl

Hi Tony,

The first time I thought I saw it 11 Dec was quite late around 9.30 but as I said could not be positive, I just had a look in my guide and it seemed to fit the bill.
The 28 December was just as we had got on to the field near Burgh Lane it was still dark around 8am, it flew toward us and veered off as soon as it saw us but I got a good look at it this time.
Yesterday it just after 8am it was on the Field we call the Barrow and it took flight when we appeared.

Do you know if they have favourite posts to eat from?
tony
Raven

Post by tony »

thanks for the information, they usually hunt the same areas but i'm not sure if they have favourite perches, but i will endeavour to find out.
duxbury rambler
Raven

Barn Owl

The reason I asked about the post was because we found bits of either vole or mouse on one of them near to the sighting.

Return to “2008 Recent Sightings Submissions”