Sunday meanderings...

Discussion of sightings in and around the Chorley area.

Moderator: Neil Southworth

Jed Kirkham
Golden Eagle

Sunday meanderings...

Post by Jed Kirkham »

Brinscall-White Coppice-Up Dean Black Brook cutting across moor to Round Loaf-DB Brook-Drinkwaters & back. 1200-1630hrs

Brinscall Lodge:
Canada Geese (12), Mallard (30) inc usual domestics, Muscovy Duck (3), Moorhen (4), BH Gulls (25), Coot (1), and 1 Male Goosander*, perhaps the same one photographed wonderfully by Len Poxon published in the Bird Guides Weekly Review for 1-7January - congratulations Len, a great shot. Didn't see female GD.
Oh, and 4 Pugs - that's for Neville.

White Coppice:
+100 Woodpigeon in 3 trees N of WC.
Magpie, Robin, Blackbird, Chaffinch, Blue Tit, charm of Goldfinch*, Greenfinch*, Dunnock, Great Tit, Dipper* leaping into the fast-flowing Goit
and Raven over.

Wren, Woodpigeons over, several Red Grouse*, Meadow Pipits, Raven as I walked up DBB and to Round Loaf.

DBB and Near Drinkwaters: Approx 20 Brambling*/Chaffinch flew out of the beeches near DBB. Walked across next to the old Lead Mines facing the wood near Drinkwaters: by the noise and visually there were a lot of finches in there!
15.30 approx. 80 mixed Brambling/Chaffinch flew out of wood S, in 2 flocks 30/50
15.33 approx. 70 flew S out of wood
15.40 another 30 flew out
15.45 approx. 45 flew out S again.
There were still a few stragglers left in the wood as I left.

6 new sp. total 57. ( I don't count Muscovy Duck don't think its on the British List, but then I don't think Feral Pigeon is either?)

cheers
Jed
Leonard Poxon
Little Egret

Re: Sunday meanderings...

Post by Leonard Poxon »

Thanks Jed, that was the fourth photo I have had published on Birdguides, but I have yet to achieve photo of the week.

Return to “Recent Sightings”