Tincklers Fields, Eccleston

Discussion of sightings in and around the Chorley area.

Moderator: Neil Southworth

John Edwards
Peregrine

Tincklers Fields, Eccleston

Post by John Edwards »

A Little Egret flying over Doctors Lane made a good start to my New Year. I thought I was on to a rarity this morning when I saw what looked like a white rump, turned out to be a Starling with a white tail, I've seen an all white starling before but never one with just white tail feathers! Other birds seen this morning 1 Grey Wagtail, 8 Pied Wagtails, 3 Meadow Pipits ( probably more hidden in the uneven ground) 60+ Starling, 3 Tree Sparrows, 2 Greenfinch,1 Buzzard, 1 Kestrel, 2 Skeins of Pink-feet 19 & 49, I didn't see any Redwings or Fieldfares this morning, yesterday I had 20+ Fieldfare and 40+ Redwings.
John Edwards
John Edwards
Peregrine

Re: Tincklers Fields, Eccleston

Post by John Edwards »

2 Little Egret on fields heading West along footpath from Anchorfields one in ditch on south side of field, hidden in the ditch at times, the second bird seen on second field on the right looking towards the river near to the barn at the rear of the dairy farm. Also 3 Yellowhammer on small-holding.
John Edwards
John Edwards
Peregrine

Re: Tincklers Fields, Eccleston

Post by John Edwards »

No sightings of any Egrets the last couple of mornings, 5 Mandarin flying over yesterday, today 1 Raven, Buzzard, Kestrel, 12 Canada \geese and a male Bullfinch.
John Edwards

Return to “Recent Sightings”