Jack Green Breeding Bird Survey

Discussion of sightings in and around the Chorley area.

Moderator: Neil Southworth

Neil Southworth
Avocet

Jack Green Breeding Bird Survey

Post by Neil Southworth »

The early visit for my Jack Green BBS. Much the same as usual with plenty of bird song. Sightings:-
Canada Goose, Mallard, Moorhen, Buzzard, Pheasant, Lapwing, Curlew, BH Gull, LBB Gull, Woodpigeon, Collared Dove, Feral Pigeon, GS Pecker, Swallow, Pied Wagtail, Blackbird, Mistle Thrush, Song Thrush, Robin, Wren, Dunnock, Blue Tit, Great Tit, LT Tit, Nuthatch, Goldcrest, Blackcap, Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler, Starling, House Sparrow, Jay, Magpie, Jackdaw, Crow, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Bullfinch
Mark Cookson
Goldeneye

Re: Jack Green Breeding Bird Survey

Post by Mark Cookson »

Hi Neil. Just wondering which area you class as Jack Green for your BBS? Is it where Jack Green farm Is? If so that's not to far from me
Neil Southworth
Avocet

Post by Neil Southworth »

Yes, I set off from Oram Road near Jack Green Farm, along the track past Mill Wood to Eagle's Nest, then across to and round Haddock Park Wood, returning across the fields, parallel to the railway and back to Oram Road.
Mark Cookson
Goldeneye

Post by Mark Cookson »

Ah right. Never been that way. Will take a look. I normally go past the schools then over the train track end to JG farm along oram road to Hill House Lane then left down hh lane then right onto private road and brindle lodge.

Return to “Recent Sightings”