White Coppice to Anglezarke

Discussion of sightings in and around the Chorley area.

Moderator: Neil Southworth

Leonard Poxon
Little Egret

White Coppice to Anglezarke

Post by Leonard Poxon »

Bird seen/heard: 10 Willow Warbler, 2 Chiffchaff, 1 Blackcap (not singing), Carrion Crow, Magpie, Jay, Jackdaw, Woodpigeon, Stock Dove, Robin, Great Tit, Coal Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Blue Tit, Treecreeper, Nuthatch, singing Mistle Thrush, Blackbird, 1 Common Redstart heard, GSW heard, Green Woodpecker heard, Garden Warbler heard and seen along the goit just south of the cricket field, 2 Curlew, 2 Swallow, Goldfinch, Chaffinch. Mallard Canada Goose, BH Gull, Pheasant.

Common Redstart and Garden Warbler tales my species score to 114.

Mammals: 1 Grey Squirrel.
Last edited by Leonard Poxon on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Hodson
Peregrine

Re: White Coppice to Anglezarke

Post by Paul Hodson »

Nice to bump into Len this morning.
Had good views of a male Redstart in the treetops to the west of the Goit and heard the Green Woodpecker yaffling a couple of times in the same area.
3 Tufted Duck and a Greylag Goose at Watermans cottage and a Rabbit by the nursery at White Coppice are the only additions to Len's list

Redstart and Green Woodpecker take my score to 105
John Frankland
Peregrine

Post by John Frankland »

1115 to 1215
No sign of the Redstart or Garden Warbler.

But did get cracking views (with Neville) of the Green Woodpecker in trees above the S bend in the path near the quarry. Called 3 times there and then again (or a 2nd bird ??) in trees below the Redstart paddock.

Green Wood takes me to 117 species for the year.
Neil Southworth
Avocet

Post by Neil Southworth »

Called at the north end of Anglezarke for a quick visit after doing the BBs. The Green Woodpecker was calling. Nice to see one's back after a couple of blank years. Let's hope it finds a mate.

Blackcap from BBS and Green Woodpecker take me to 98.

Return to “Recent Sightings”