Peregrine.

Discussion of sightings in and around the Chorley area.

Moderator: Neil Southworth

Ivan Lynas
Goldeneye

Peregrine.

Post by Ivan Lynas »

It's now common knowledge on fb about St Georges peregrines. I've been monitoring the nest tray for the past six weeks with my scope upstairs at The Imperial. The falcon has young which are roughly eight days old. Fingers crossed the tray drains well, there's some very wet weather ahead. Notably too I've not seen rings on the adult male which would indicate A8 the falcon has a new partner.
Rick Spencer
Goldeneye

Re: Peregrine.

Post by Rick Spencer »

Ivan, I spent some time watching the birds yesterday and from my photos both birds have rings on (red) and they appear to be JD and FV though not definite from my shots.
Neil Southworth
Avocet

Post by Neil Southworth »

They are JD and FV Rick. The same pair which bred at Morrison's last year.
Ivan Lynas
Goldeneye

Post by Ivan Lynas »

Thanks Rick and Neil for info, it's very difficult to pick out such tiny detail from my viewing area . However I will continue to monitor developments as they unfold from upstairs at the pub rather than hang out with the crowds on sacred ground. Furthermore I'd like to think there are enough local peregrine enthusiasts around to give these spectacular birds a helping hand if it goes pear shaped at fledging time, less we not forget the 2011 adventure at this precise location .
PETER
Little Egret

Post by PETER »

1 Sat on nest tray,1 riding the thermals high up,the one on the nest tray attacked a Black headed gull but did not catch it,
10.30 am.
Attachments
rsz_birds_751.jpg
rsz_birds_751.jpg (147.41 KiB) Viewed 2947 times

Return to “Recent Sightings”