Roddlesworth/ Belmont/ LMC

Discussion of sightings in and around the Chorley area.

Moderator: Neil Southworth

Paul Hodson
Peregrine

Roddlesworth/ Belmont/ LMC

Post by Paul Hodson »

Roddlesworth reservoirs. Canada Goose 2: pair of Goosander: Mallard: Tawny Owl: Buzzard: Carrion Crow: Jackdaw: Magpie: Jay: Pheasant: Lapwing: Curlew 21: Swallow: Willow Warbler (lots) Chiffchaff: Blackcap: Blue Tit: Great Tit: Goldcrest 3: Treecreeper 2: Nuthatch: Dunnock: Wren: Chaffinch Grey Wagtail: Starling: Robin: Blackbird: Song Thrush 2 Mistle Thrush 2: Woodpigeon
Butterflies. Peacock 2
Mammal. Grey Squirrel

Belmont Reservoir. Canada Goose 22: Greylag Goose 6: Mallard, including one with 3 ducklings: Oystercatcher 6: Black Tailed Godwit 8 (thanks to John Frankland) they were in the field on the opposite side of the reservoir but presumably still in our recording area?. 1Lesser Black Backed Gull in the midst of the Black Headed Gulls​: Lapwing 6: Goldfinch: Chaffinch: Willow Warbler: Starling: Wren: Jackdaw: Carrion Crow: Woodpigeon: Buzzard.
Mammal. Squashed Hedgehog in Belmont village.

Lead Mine Clough. Chaffinch: Bullfinch: Willow Warbler: Blackbird: Blue Tit: Great Tit: Wren: Curlew 2 overhead:
At Alance bridge there were several Mallard and a dead Canada Goose ( a case of fowl play?!)
Butterflies Peacock: Orange Tip 2
Mammal Grey Squirrel

Blackcap and Black Tailed Godwit take my score to 102
John Frankland
Peregrine

Re: Roddlesworth/ Belmont/ LMC

Post by John Frankland »

Similar to Paul at Belmont although I saw 2 LBB Gulls (with more to follow as they were mating (!) as were a couple of Oystercatcher). Also a Redpoll near the yacht club.

Dropped into Anglezarke & White Coppice after Belmont between Heatherlea and Bullough Reservoir.

Tufted Duck 4 pairs with 3 Mallard on Bullough
Canada Goose 9
Greylag Goose 2
(White feral goose 1)
Buzzard 2
Little Owl 1 calling in quarry
Jay 2
Nuthatch 1 heard
Willow Warbler lots
Curlew 1
Long-tailed Tit 1
Coal Tit 1
Blue and Great Tit
Chaffinch 1 pair
Blackcap 1 Heatherlea
Meadow Pipit 5 on moorside
Redpoll 1
Grey Squirrel 1
No sign of Gropper, Cuckoo, Redstart or other specialty birds.

Return to “Recent Sightings”