Anglezarke\High Bullough 6.00-9.00am

Discussion of sightings in and around the Chorley area.

Moderator: Neil Southworth

Neville Root
Raven

Anglezarke\High Bullough 6.00-9.00am

Post by Neville Root »

Up early to catch the spotted flycatchers at the northern end of Anglezarke (similar time and place as John yesterday). 2 could be seen and heard clearly communicating with each other (saw another one further along Anglezarke, so presume more than 2 are about). Other birds seen GS woodpecker, curlew, oystercatcher, BH gull, LBB gull, c buzzard, pied wagtail, redstart (m) at a usual spot and another one unseen but singing, blackcap (m), all the common tits, nuthatch, treecreeper, many swallow (over High Bullough), many willow warbler (didn't notice any chiffchaffs though), wood warbler showing well and calling (but not singing) in the woods at the Anglezarke end of Stronstrey Bank (Richard S said he saw 2 earlier in the same place). Spotted flycatcher brings Chorley list to 94.
Neil Southworth
Avocet

Re: Anglezarke\High Bullough 6.00-9.00am

Post by Neil Southworth »

Neville, like Rick I first picked up the Wood Warbler from the Bullfinch type call as it flitted around the trees. I got excellent close views. Then as I walked down the hill I heard the call again, followed by the more usual trill. Mistle Thrushes were high profile and may have been adults showing their young around. Other sightings:-
Canada Goose, Mallard, GC Grebe, Moorhen, Kestrel, Swallow, Pied Wagtail, Mistle Thrush, Song Thrush, Nuthatch, Treecreeper, Coal Tit, LT Tit, Goldcrest, Blackcap, Willow Warbler, Wood Warbler, Redstart 2, Spotted Flycatcher, Chaffinch, Goldfinch
Mammal:- Grey Squirrel

Return to “Recent Sightings”