Peregrines Warton Crag

Post any news of rare sightings from outside the area or any holiday information you may wish to pass on.
David Banks
Barn Owl

Peregrines Warton Crag

Post by David Banks »

Plenty of activity at Warton Crag this weekend. Pair of Peregrines seemed happy enough sat on the cliffs all day but they got 2 visits from another Peregrine and this stirred things up a bit. They got rid of it twice then went back to relaxing in peace and quiet.
Ivan Lynas
Goldeneye

Post by Ivan Lynas »

Hi David, it will be interesting to see how the breeding cycle turns out this summer at this location with a new resident male, he certainly has big footsteps to follow in going off the record of the previous male who was tradgically killed last autumn and had been resident since february 2002.
David Banks
Barn Owl

Post by David Banks »

Ivan, I didnt know the male had been killed. Do you know what happened? I will be up at the caravan next week for a full week so should be able to spend some time at the nest site.
Ivan Lynas
Goldeneye

Post by Ivan Lynas »

Hi David, the male was hit by a vehicle whilst making a kill on the Silverdale road, infact he was found at the side of the road with his talons embedded in the back of a teal. He was distracted for a split second and paid the price, when I was informed I was gutted.

Return to “Out of Area Sightings”