Down south again

Post any news of rare sightings from outside the area or any holiday information you may wish to pass on.
ianball
Peregrine

Down south again

Post by ianball »

Another long weekend down south in Kent with my best mate. No trip to France this time, instead a chance to catch up on a few sights now so rare up here. Best of all was a Turtle Dove in woods by his house. Getting on for probably 15 years since my last when I thought about it. Shocking. Marbled White Butterflies were everywhere but alas it was a bit windy for some of the chalk land specialities. Final picture is a spot the rarity competition on a slight detour home. No prize though :roll:
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (109.45 KiB) Viewed 1789 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (92 KiB) Viewed 1789 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (84.19 KiB) Viewed 1789 times
Neil Southworth
Avocet

Re: Down south again

Post by Neil Southworth »

That's some detour, Ian. Why didn't you do the pelican whilst you were at it :D . I was wondering if it was the same bird that was on the Fylde a few years ago, but on checking back it was actually in 2004 - doesn't time fly!
ianball
Peregrine

Re: Down south again

Post by ianball »

Crikey was it really 12 years ago! This bird healed a wound as I missed the Fylde one as I was on holiday at that time. I hadn't originally planned to see it but the joys of the M25 ended up sending my Sat Nav up the M11. A plan hatched and the bird just happened to perform well on Monday.

Return to “Out of Area Sightings”